Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving. What a wonderful time of the year. For most of us it means a cold nip in the air and snow on the ground. But that doesn’t stop us from gathering with friends and family to enjoy each other’s company, give thanks for our loved ones, and reminisce of those no longer with us. I am always most impressed with the way that everyone works together to get a Thanksgiving meal on the table. I love to walk into the house and smell the turkey roasting and the pumpkin pies baking. I love looking at all the dishes we have year after year - declaring it would not be Thanksgiving without them. I love to hear orders being given, men getting shooed out of the food before the meal, kids whining because they don’t want to help and everyone cheering for their favorite football team. There is nothing like Thanksgiving Day!

This year Sir’s family gathered at our home to enjoy the holiday. For 6 days, we enjoyed card games, dice games, reading, movies, football games, photo shoots, piano playing, a trip to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and food, food and more food! When everyone left on Sunday morning – the house was quiet, the leftovers filled the refrigerator and the mounds of laundry spilled all over the laundry room floor. I was exhausted but wouldn’t trade one minute of it for anything!

Sir's family! What a great bunch.









My brother joined us for Thanksgiving Day!





Okay! I was busy! I didn't mean to burn the sweetpotato casserole and the green bean casserole! Yes, they were on fire in my oven!










A few of the family favorites!





Having Fun!















No comments: