Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July in Michigan

Happy 4th of July to everyone! What a great day. The sun was hot, the breeze was cool and the sky was a beautiful blue. I am in Michigan with my parents and we traveled to Ludington to enjoy the 4th of July! I love the 4th. I love the patriotism, the fireworks, the food and the family gatherings. Everywhere I turned today families were together laughing, talking, sharing ice cream cones and hanging out. Red, white and blue were the colors on young and old a like. We had a great time sitting curb side watching the famous 4th of July parade. We enjoyed lemonade and cookies provided by our B&B host as we watched the parade for over an hour! The evening was spent sitting on the beach of Lake Michigan watching the fireworks exploded overhead. What a glorious way to end the 4th!

We came to Ludington to celebrate my cousins 25th Wedding Anniversary. What a family gathering. My mom came from a family of nine kids: one boy and eight girls. It is something to be one of the Hubbard Girls. I love to see my Aunties together laughing and talking, however, sometimes they are hard to control!
I am on the move again!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Hi Shelley! It's your cousin, Nancy! I found your blog.
It was so nice to see you last weekend and I'm enjoying your photos from the 4th.
I plan to read more of your adventures later today. My little guy is at Star Wars camp, so I have a little free time. :)
-Nancy