Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Grand Tour #22

Well, what can I say? Sir pulled a fast one on me today. With the help of several friends and my kids, Sir showed up at our friend’s house today – saying Happy Anniversary! Yes, today is my 20th Anniversary. He had to be in Paris yesterday for work and hopped on the Eurostar from Paris to surprise me! So with Daughter 1, Tim and Carole, we went to dinner at a wonderful restaurant to celebrate. Thank you to Tim and Carole for arranging so many of the details to make this night so special! The morning started as a normal day - breakfast at the kitchen table and then out the door to another museum – The Wallace Collection. The Wallace Collection is great – only two floors of a fantastic collection. The reason we went to the Wallace Collection? The Swing by Fragonard – Daughter 1 studied it in school this year. They also have a great collection of Marie Antoinette’s furniture, miniatures and other items from Versailles. Daughter 1 wrote a research paper on Marie Antoinette a couple years ago, so she had a lot of interest in seeing her goods. Next we went to our old neighborhood in St. John’s Wood to roam around, have lunch and take pictures of our old house. The high street and area around had changed so much. We had a great visit at Daughter 1’s old school, the American School in London. We visited with the admissions director – the woman that admitted us to the school! Then we saw her kindergarten teachers. Mr. P was so happy to see her and so surprised! His assistant, Mrs. A was equally surprised. We headed out the door to head home to pack before dinner. When we arrived one hour later, I had my surprise from Sir! What a delightful ending to a great trip! I wouldn’t trade the trip for anything. I missed Daughter 2 like crazy, but have loved the time I have spent with Daughter 1. These are memories the two of us will always remember. Check back next week when I am in another state – I still won’t be home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful anniversary surprise! Way to go Sir. I can't believe it's been 20 years. I remember your wedding like it was just a couple of years ago. Enjoying reading about your travels.

Lisa