Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Take Me Away Books!


When The Woman On The Move is not on the move, I love to travel to the far away places that only books can take me! I am off to Arizona learning of the native cultural and modern day problems while solving a gruesome death. I could travel to the East Coast with my favorite medical examiner while she travels the coast solving cases. Once in a while I travel to England to enjoy the slow paced saga of women in life crises. I love traveling to 2059 and enjoying the quick flights to other planets as my heroine solves crimes and lives with the consequences from the decisions made by the “crazy folks” in the early 2000s. And once in a while, I love to hang out with the crazy sexy women who are always looking for love in all the wrong places!

If you love to read, I would encourage you to start or join a Book Club. I love my book club, not only the comrodery of the women but it has forced me to travel to, learn about and read genres I would not normally be interested in. Sometimes I suffer through a book, only to use the experience as a learning tool for Daughter 1 and Daughter 2 – my book is just like school and life. Sometimes you have to read a book assignment you hate or work on a project you hate – just pull up your bootstraps and get it done!

Here are the books we have read over the past couple years: Eat Pray Love, The Sparrow, River of Doubt, Love In The Time of Cholera, These R My Words, Pull Of The Moon, Out Stealing Horses, The Glass Castle, Water For Elephants, The Christmas Train, West With The Night, Gilead, and The 6th Lamentation.

I would love to hear about your favorite books or Book Club reading list. I will share it on my blog!

No comments: