Wednesday, October 15, 2008

25 Year Class Reunion - How Can It Be?

Twenty five years have passed since I walked down the gym floor and received my college diploma. I doubled majored – International Studies and Business Administration. What a day it was! I was the first grandchild on my dad’s side of the family to earn a college degree. Looking back I see the greatest blessing of my college life was my friends. Years may separate us, but the bond of friendship never ends. The Homecoming weekend started with the arrival of all my bridesmaids. They traveled from Mexico, Connecticut, Atlanta and Missouri. Once we arrived on campus in Iowa the list of friends attending grew. Suitemates. Housemates. Professors. Counselors. Classmates. We laughed, hugged and reminisced about days gone by. We shared stores we wish no one would have remembered! We compared notes on who wasn’t there. We walked the halls of our class rooms, dorms and even checked our mailboxes. One friend even opened hers – 25 years have passed but the combination is still the same! The football team won. The Homecoming King and Queen were crowned. We ended Saturday with our class dinner. In May of 1983, some of us wrote a prediction of where we would be in 25 years. I was one of the lucky ones to fill this out! My results? I do have a Labrador, I am not living in Japan, my waist is a bit bigger than I predicted, I do drive a foreign car, I don’t work in the Japanese consultant for the US government making, I do have two kids (but not one boy and one girl) and I am happy to report that the 2 classmates I predicted would be in jail are not!! The dinner ended with fellow classmate, Roxie Dean sharing a casual and heartfelt concert with us. Roxie hopped up on a table, pulled out her guitar and we were captivated. Roxie is a recording artist and songwriter in Nashville. When Sunday afternoon arrived and I was home, I was truly sad and depressed. I am left only with a memory of this all too brief moment in time, pictures to pass on to others and email addresses to better keep in touch. But, our 35 year class reunion is just around the corner!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Hey, Hey, how great to look at all the pics. Please send me some on e-mail. I don't know how to get them from your site. I, of course, forgot my camera so I love looking at yours.

Lisa C.