Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Spy




The thirst for travel and new adventures was one of the many things that attracted Sir and I to each other. Back in the early days of our relationship, we traveled to spend time with friends in New Jersey. On a trip to Atlantic City we each had $20 to spend to win the big money. Being the lightweight gambler, I chose the slot machines and doubled my money. I repaid the banker (Sir) and kept my $20, then went to the boardwalk to enjoy the ambience of Atlantic City. . . I had a plan.

Without a large budget for traveling and with the desire to “shop” on our trips, I devised a plan to acquire something small from each trip... I bought a shadow box with my $20 from Atlantic City. I found an organized approach to shop, yet keep our memories for many years.

It was hunt to find the right piece! What could we find that depicted our trip and fit in the multi-sized squares in the shadow box.

While unpacking recently, I found the dusty shadow box—many items broken from too many moves. What fun it was to go through piece by piece, remembering our trips to places all over the world. We are wondering . . .would they still take the chips in Vegas?

So, I spy something with my eyes – how many countries, towns and experiences can you find?

No comments: