Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Guilty or Grateful




This woman on the move doesn't know if she should feel extremely guilty or overwhelmingly grateful. Guilty or grateful you ask? While the Windy City was under attack with a record breaking storm, I sat in Daytona Beach at the pool getting a sunburn.

Guilty - I left Daughter #2 at home with Sir holding down the fort, a job is is competent to hold, while I headed to Florida to spend a couple days with my parents while they were vacationing for several weeks - a yearly ritual. My quick get-a-way to Florida turned into a near week long adventure!

Grateful - I was in sunny Florida staying on the beach! I sat by the pool with my parents, Aunt and Uncle listening to the waves crash on the beach. I took a long walk and had a smile on my face with every step I took down the sandy beach.

It was not piping hot everyday, but warm enough to throw on a pair of shorts and head out. I watched dolphins play in the inter coastal waterway while eating lunch - they played the whole time we were at lunch. I enjoyed running by the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse - I do love lighthouses. We went out to eat. We went to two movies - The Tourist and The Kings Speech - loved them both! Relaxing, working out, napping, playing games and working a puzzle kept me occupied.

I am guilty for enjoying myself - but don't fret - the storm got me. I sat in the Orlando airport for 7 hours, yes, the plane was delayed - the weather and still repositioning aircraft - so they say. The aftermath of the storm didn't get the best of me - I came home with a sunburn!

No comments: