Wednesday, April 29, 2009

India #5 - The People

I could write at least another 5 weeks about my experiences in India. But will close this five-week series on the subject that touched my heart the deepest – the people.

I interacted with people from all walks of life. Young to old, highest in the caste system to the lowest of the low housewives to working women, laborers to holy men, and those who spoke great-broken English to those who had yet to speak a word of English.

But one thing they all had in common – a happy disposition and a beautiful smile. No matter what card they were dealt in life, they appeared happy and content. They were kind, gentle and eager to meet us. They were a novelty to us and we were definitely a novelty to them!

The pictures tell the rest of the story.

Thank you for joining me on this journey!















































































No comments: